Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Sunday Dinner...and more

So Kyle and I decided to make Steak for dinner :) Mmm..Mmm...GOOD! Along with it we will be having twice baked potatoes (another YUMMERS!), a fruit salad as a little appetizer (since it takes forever to make the potatoes and we are pretty hungry..so it'll hold us over till dinner is actually ready), then a bunch of vegi's like corn (for Kyle) and brussell sprouts (for me) and probably some other vegi's. We're both way excited..this dinner is going to be amazing! hehehe...right now we're just waiting for the potatoes to be done. Kyle's making the fruit salad right now though. Mmmm....
Anyway...so I have a calling now!!! I am the nursery/primary chorister!! :) All the kids are like between the ages of about 1 1/2 and 3ish...maybe there's a 3 1/2 yr. old..haha so yeah, they're like babies pretty much..and I'm not quite sure how excited they will be to sing, but we'll have to wait and see what happens next week. I'm pretty excited though, I get to work with the little children! :)
Kyle doesn't have a calling right now, they said that he's basically off the hook for now. I think Kyle's more relieved about that though. Not because he didn't want one, but with going to school full time and trying to get the grades he needs...it's really nice to have just one big thing to focus on. He has a little breather time until he does get a calling. But he seems to like the ward. He and the guys play basketball every Wednesday night and it is really good for him to go out and get to know some of the guys in our ward and just have fun. He is also on an ultimate frisbee team with Forrest (his good friend) and Forrest's ward. He has games just about every week...he loves ultimate, so I'm so glad he's doing this.
His friend Kalei plays ultimate too (he's really good) and they get a group together about once a week to every other week to just play for a couple hours. I wish I was better, haha...so then he can actually play with his wife too! haha..but me, being good at any sport? hahah..that's funny!
Anyway...I must go, the fruit salad is ready!! :)
-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment