Monday, October 26, 2009

3 Things

1. We got our new fridge today!! :) Yay! It's so awesome! There is so much more room and we just love it!!
2. The hiring department from Questar Gas called me today to set up an appointment for an interview. I have it tomorrow morning over the phone, pray that it goes well!
3. So there's a movie out in dollar theatres right now called District 9 and we're suppose to card everyone that is looks younger than 25 (I don't know, it's weird...it's my manager's rule). Tonight when I was working I carded this girl that (from first glance) looked young enough for that age range...well she said she didn't have it. She said she was 30 and that's when I realized that she was a little older. Then right away she said, "well I have my Temple Recommend that proves I'm old enough". And hearing this, I was shocked and kind of upset that she would actually use her Temple Recommend to get her into a rated R movie. I don't know what I should've done, but I know I should've said something at least. I mean come on! That is ridiculous to use something so sacred and important to get yourself into a movie that the church and definitely not the Lord is for and okay with. It just makes me mad. This isn't even the first time this has happened...
And then at work we have this student discount for all those that have there college student ID's for a price cut for a ticket. So all these BYU students use there card to get the discount to get into the rated R movie. Now, I don't care so much about the fact that they are seeing the rated R movie, that's their choice. But it's the fact that they use their BYU card for the discount when BYU has a standard, and watching rated R movies is not one of them (but the standard is to not watch them). I hope that some day the theatre will get the "okay" to not accept BYU cards for the discount when getting tickets to rated R movies. UGH! And this happens almost constantly. Most of the people that go into these rated R movies are BYU students trying to get the discount.
People are ridiculous...

1 comment:

  1. Correction by Kyle:
    BYU doesn't actually have a rule against watching rated R movies. It's not against the honor code. That is all...

    ReplyDelete