Monday, November 15, 2010

Spontaneous is the way to go

So, last week was pretty hectic for the both of us. Well, mostly just Kyle. He had a couple tests along with some other things PLUS a talk to prepare. And as for me...I just had the talk, haha. But, for me, talks are very stressful and I hate speaking in front of people. Plus, work was just tiring, so it just added up...haha, I know, excuses, excuses. Kyle reminded me on the weekend that I should be grateful that I don't have a couple of tests piled up on that along with other assignments. I realized how grateful I am not to be in school...
But anyway, on Saturday Kyle studied for a test, took the test, and came home to prepare for the talk. Saturday for me, I prepared for my talk, made lunch, and prepared for my talk some more (it takes me longer to do things..). Later that day, at about 6ish we contemplated dinner. We ended up going out but we didn't know what we wanted.
Kyle likes to quiz my music skills, so he puts the iPod on shuffle and I have to guess the artist. This is what we did as we drove around finding food for dinner. I do alright, I get about half to 3/4 of them right, but not always on the first try. We've been doing this lately, and it's kind of fun. It was dark and we had been driving for a little while now and I was pretty turned around. He then shows up at the Thanksgiving Point and I still, to this day, have no clue how in the world we got there because I don' remember passing the freeway..and my sense of direction was all in whack. Then we decide to go on the freeway and drive north to see if there is anything to eat. We end up in Salt Lake, which I figure would happen, but it was so much fun! We ate at this restaurant that neither of us had eaten at before. It was deeeeelish! I love these spontaneous trips that we make. Plus, we were able to see the Salt Lake temple and all the other temples as we drove up there! Honestly, I love the Salt Lake valley, I'm not quite sure why..possibly because of all the temples around, or maybe it just brings back memories from traveling there each year growing up. When we get over the hill from Provo to the valley I like to find all the temples in the area (it's easier in the dark...when it's light out I can only guess..haha). And I love it at night because they're lit up and so pretty :)
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the talks went really well yesterday!
Life is good. And I love Kyle, he is such a sweetheart. If you heard what he said in his talk yesterday about me, you would have to agree with me...plus all the things he does for me. He brought me to tears when he said what he did..Thanks sweetie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment