Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Drive Up

Soo...I never got to post my awesome pictures that I took when Kyle and I moved up here to Utah back in August. I will only post a few though because I took so many. So, I'll just pick my favorites.
This was in Flagstaff, I believe, and we kept on passing huge patches of yellow flowers and it was just so pretty!! And then you can see just beyond the flowers a rain storm..I thought it looked pretty awesome. Don't you?
This is what we were going in to..man that storm was intense! It was pouring rain and there were parts that I was like..uhh, where's the road? But, I'm sure, if you were to ask Kyle he would say that it really wasn't that bad. haha.The Waffle Iron!! Growing up, my family and I would pass through this each time we drove up to Utah...which was a lot of times...so the family named it..well, at least as far as I know. But, we call if that and I love passing through it every time. It reminds me of childhood memories of the family trips :)This just looked awesome. I love how you can see that we have made it through the storm and are going into clear sunny skies.Glen Canyon Dam!! :) I love this spot! It was one of my favorite spots to hit when traveling to Utah from Arizona. This was where we would stop for bathroom breaks, walk around (and most of the times-if we weren't in a hurry-we would walk across the bridge) and we would prepare for the "on-the-go" lunch that we would make and eat on the road with our old fashioned trays (which were awesome, by the way).We made it to Utah!This was just so pretty, I couldn't pass up taking a picture of it. We were almost to Provo by this point.And Provo..it was foggy/misty and was raining on and off..it wasn't too bad though, because it seemed to not rain when we were moving things from storage to car and car to home. So that was good!

2 comments: