Saturday, October 9, 2010

GAS LEAK.

So this happened about 2 weeks ago. I had previously posted something about the construction workers, and I don't know if I ever talked about the gas leak..but now I am.
Okay, so the whole story about finding out about the gas leak is a very long story and too much to explain...so here is the short version...
The drive home (or at least the attempt to drive home) took about an hour which I found out at that point by fireman. I was trying to find my way around all the stupid construction (or at least I thought it was only that..), but found my way behind our house back in some neighborhoods where it was blocked off by fireman and police which I figured by that point I could just park and walk down to the house..but, of course, I was stopped by a fireman explaining the situation. Sooo...here is what happened: the construction workers weren't paying attention, cut a major gas pipe line which led to about a thousand people getting evacuated for the evening. We didn't get to go home till about 10:30, which we found out only by watching the news. Oh, and our gas was turned off..so we couldn't get any hot water until we had a guy from Questar come out to turn it back on...we had to leave the next day for Vegas, which means that Kyle couldn't get a warm shower :( It was freeeeezing!! Poor guy. But yeah, so there's the story...it was quite annoying to have to drive around for so long to try and figure out what the stink was going on...they should seriously pay me back for gas and mileage. ;) But, it is definitely an interesting story to tell! And I am certainly glad everyone was okay and that there was no explosion!

No comments:

Post a Comment