Monday, October 25, 2010

An October update

Okay, so I think I might have posted something about it before, but I'm not quite sure. So at the beginning of August I got a job with Select Staffing (which is through ModusLink) and they put me into data entry through their Apple account. I did that for about 2 and a half weeks which then they put me into training for an account called NAVTEQ. NAVTEQ is a raw map data distributor that updates nav discs for cars. I was being trained for the customer service position where I receive incoming calls for the updats. I trained in that for about 2 weeks. Those were a couple of the longest weeks that I have ever had. Last week I officially started working on the floor by myself. My schedule is 7-3 which is tiring but at the same time really nice to have because I get off so early. That is one thing that keeps me going, another is knowing that I will only have this job till Kyle is done with school which is [hopefully] under 2 years...I can and will survive. But, this job is really good though and I am so grateful to have. Some days are just hard because I am most definitely not a morning person! haha...but it is great to have nights off to spend with Kyle and most importantly the weekends!! :) I have never had a stable job like this where it has a set schedule..and I love it. It has been a definite change for me, but I could definitely get use to this. Anyway, Kyle is doing great in school! He is for sure ready to be done! haha...he hopes to be done spring of 2012. We cannot wait!
We are happy and doing great thought and both of us love this time of year....October: Halloween, November: Thanksgiving and December: CHRISTMAS!!!! :)
Well, that's it for now. Hope all is going well for all of you!

2 comments:

  1. So, you got your job in the beginning of September, not August. We were still in AZ in the beginning of August
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was at the beginning of September, not August...my mistake. Sheesh Kyle, I didn't know you checked in on our blog! :)

    ReplyDelete