Monday, August 23, 2010

The last of the signs, plus more...

Last summer we began the long process of cleaning (spraying and wiping down) and painting (spray painting "Pierce" on 400ish signs) signs for Kyle's dad's campaign. Which, by the way, is coming to a close pretty soon! The primary election is August 24th (this Tuesday) and the general election is November 1st (or was it 2nd?...I can't remember at this time). But, this is a very important election! If you are a Republican, be sure to vote for Gary Pierce and Brenda Burns for Corporation Commission!! There are 2 spots open! So go and vote!! We want these 2 conservatives in!...Anyway, back to the signs...So last summer we cleaned the signs and started painting them. This summer was all about painting them, plus putting them up around the state. We are now OFFICIALLY finished with painting signs!!! We do have all but 1 sign to put up in Mesa (we waited to put it up, because we wanted to find a good place for it), and then there are a few more 4x8 signs that we'll be putting up later this week...This was all pretty exciting for us though! It was an 8 month process to get these signs done for the election!!

BUGS.
I truly hate bugs. I do. It's a fact. I think they are disgusting and creepy...especially when they are big. or they sting. Here are a couple of bugs that we found on our last sign painting night...


The (apparently called) "Sewer Beetle"...this thing was HUGE!!!!!


The scorpion...that went right by my bare feet and almost stung me..


Aren't they so cute!!?? NOT.

This is after we finished with the signs...I started taking pictures of our hard work and us--of course!


We had done about 35 double sided [so times that by 2] signs, and 10 one sided signs...sooo yeahhh, there were a lot! But we are finally done, and it is such an accomplishment! Like I said that night, "I never thought I'd see the day"...and it was so true, because it seemed to never end! There was always more signs to do. But, it is done. alll done. :)

Enough of that...

So it's our last week in Mesa!! We leave Friday morning :) It's a bitter sweet moment. We'll miss being with family, and eating good mexican food [that's for sure!], and having a good stable job [but I guess it would be ending in a couple of months..]....BUT! We need to get up to Provo so that Kyle can finish up with school so that we can start making mulah! Kyle has about a year and a half to two years left. It depends on the internship that he has to do for the school program. In case I didn't mention it, Kyle is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Political Science.

Things I am excited for this fall:
  1. Our new apartment :) It is a whole lot bigger than the last place we had! (about 1,000 square feet)
  2. We're excited to hang out with our friends, Forrest and Melissa Hammeren..they're pretty cool ;)
  3. Going to Arizona for Christmas, along with San Diego :)))
  4. Aubrey [my oldest sister] is having her third [it's a boy]!! :) And we're going down to Vegas for the blessing.
  5. Amy [my sister just above me] is having her first baby!! [Don't know the gender] But, we won't be able to see the little runt till...who knows when :((( I'm pretty bummed about that.
Things I am stressing about:
  1. Finding a job in Provo when we get up there...Although, I have been really praying for help with that, so I probably shouldn't worry TOO MUCH.
And this is what I'll leave you with...

No comments:

Post a Comment